Will Lawyers Melbourne can help with all of your Wills and estate requirements, including:
- Provision of advice with respects to the relevant law that affects your Estate;
- Discussion of items that you need to consider with experienced Will Lawyers Melbourne;
- Drafting of your Last Will and Testament in accordance with the legal requirements pursuant to the Wills Act 1997 (Vic);
- Drafting Power of Attorney documentation; and
- Connecting you to other advisors (if necessary).
How to create a Will?
Most people hope that the preparation of their Will is going to be a simple and easy process. However, there are numerous factors that need to be properly considered in order to ensure that your assets are allocated according to your wishes and in some cases, in order to prevent any potential claim made to your estate.
Further, there are technical requirements pursuant to the Wills Act 1997, that must be adhered too in order to ensure that your Will is valid and binding.
Argent Law focuses on making the process as efficient as possible for you, whilst ensuring that your Will takes into account your unique personal circumstances.
The Argent Law Process
To get an idea of what the relevant considerations are, and to help us better understand your needs, please complete the following questionnaire.
At Argent Law, our standard procedures to assist with the preparation of your Will, typically include the following:
- We ask that you review and complete our online questionnaire;
- Upon receipt of the questionnaire we will review it and arrange a time for a meeting or telephone conference to discuss, provide advice and take further instructions;
- A draft Will is prepared and emailed to you for your perusal and review;
- Once the document is in order and any amendments to your initial instructions are made we arrange the Will to be executed by Will lawyers Melbourne.
- Your Will is locked away in our fireproof safe or you take your Will for safe keeping.
Things that might Complicate the Process
Sometimes, your estate planning may get a little more complicated and this can entail additional time for our Will lawyers Melbourne to prepare your Will. Some of these items include:
- Several asset holdings;
- Detailed and numerous distributions of the residue estate;
- The inclusion of personal contents and extensive listing of personal chattels or contents in your Will;
- Multiple Guardians and Executors;
- Incorporation of Testamentary Trusts into your Will; and
- Charitable Bequests.
Further Estate Planning Considerations
It is our recommendation that your Wills and Powers of Attorneys are prepared in conjunction with a range of other important estate planning considerations. You should raise with us if you think are important for your situation and include the following:
- If you own a business, have you planned for the succession or sale of your business? As well as any business or investment entities (such as company’s and trusts) that you own or control?
- If you have a business partner, have you considered buy-sell insurance?
- Have you considered the various taxation implications for your estate and/or your beneficiaries where investments are passed on to them and subsequently sold?
- Your Superannuation Funds and considerations therein, including nominations to beneficiaries (and implications of your choices). And potential steps which might be recommended based on your stage of life.
- Your Personal Insurance needs and whether your current insurance and suitable for you now and in the future.
Argent Law is affiliated with Argent Accounting, Argent Financial Solutions and Wealth Arena. We can assist you with these further considerations under the one roof!