Argent Law’s fresh approach to Estate Planning
Argent Law is excited to announce the appointment of Darby Nunan, to take charge of the firm’s Estate Planning services.
Darby brings with him a huge amount of technical and professional experience in Estate Planning matters. Darby has been practicing law for over 35 years and has extensive experience in Trusts, Company Law, Superannuation, buying and selling properties and businesses as well as Estate Planning and Estate Disputes. But it’s his genuine care to deliver the best possible client experience, which makes him a perfect fit for the firm.
Why choose Argent Law & our Estate Planning services?
The approach taken by Argent Law is all about working collaboratively and respecting the advice and knowledge already obtained from existing advisors!
Melissa Patterson, Argent Law’s director says “Wills prepared for many people are often inadequate, but proper Estate Planning can be confusing for the client. We want to ensure that our clients get the value from our estate planning process, whilst not allowing the process to get too complicated”.
What is Estate Planning?
Estate planning is more than just the preparation of a simple Will. A simple Will does not ‘cut it’ if you have unique financial structures or family dynamics.
An estate plan encompasses each person’s individual circumstances having regard to ownership structures, creditor risk, risk of a claim against the estate, managing taxation implications on death as well as potential family law risks of intended beneficiaries.
A good Estate Plan will not only ensure that your estate is distributed as you intended but it can also minimise tax, reduce future legal costs and even preserve your estate for the next generation.
What is our Estate Planning Process?
At Argent Law, we take a collaborative approach whereby we involve your financial advisors and even your own Lawyer in the process to ensure that we have all the necessary information to enable us to provide you with the correct advise and ensure that you wishes are realised.
Our Estate Planning process usually entails:
- Clearly understanding all personal and financial aspects of an individual’s life.
- Development of strategies and advice across legal, taxation and financial areas to ensure assets are passed in the best way possible based on the wishes of the individual and their beneficiaries.
- Preparation of a Will and other documentation which appropriately accommodates for the above.
What are the benefits of Argent Law’s Estate Planning?
- A client’s full position is considered (including super funds, insurance, business and investment structures in place); not just those assets in their own name;
- The Will and other documentation prepared is actually suitable for the client;
- Individual’s wants and wishes are more likely to be met after death; and
- Significant potential taxation benefits of testamentary trusts.
Who is Estate Planning suitable for?
People with different circumstances or issues which need to be taken into account when drafting a will. These circumstances/issues include:
- Investors with a lot of assets;
- People with life/trauma policies;
- High net worth individuals;
- Business Owners;
- Blended Families;
- Unique Beneficiaries (Disabilities, etc);
- SMSF/Superannuation; and
Meet Our Team of Estate Lawyers
Our team of experienced and friendly lawyers is here to assist with any Estate Planning enquiries.
Melissa Patterson – Principal
Darby Nunan – Senior Lawyer
Phoebe Jackson – Lawyer
Helen Adoranti – Lawyer